I have been struggling to find a quick and easy way, or a perferred format for crediting images that I use in my blog posts. After some searching, I stumbled upon these guidelines from +Creative Commons:
Examples of attribution
Here is a photo. Following it are some examples of how people might attribute it.
This is an ideal attribution
- Title? “Creative Commons 10th Birthday Celebration San Francisco”
- Author? “tvol” – linked to his profile page
- Source? “Creative Commons 10th Birthday Celebration San Francisco” – linked to original Flickr page
- License? “CC BY 2.0” – linked to license deed
This is a pretty good attribution
- Title? Title is not noted (it should be) but at least the source is linked.
- Author? “tvol”
- Source? “Photo” – linked to original Flickr page
- License? “CC BY” – linked to license deed
This is an incorrect attribution
Photo: Creative Commons
- Title? Title is not noted.
- Author? Creative Commons is not the author of this photo.
- Source? No link to original photo.
- License? There is no mention of the license, much less a link to the license. “Creative Commons” is an organization.
Best practices for attribution by Creative Commons is licensed under CC BY 3.0